Neuro-Linguistic Programming is a set of tools you can use to help improve the quality of your life. Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) is not a school of thought or an ideology but rather, Neuro-Linguistic Programming is simply an approach and toolset that will allow you to better express who it is that you are. Neuro-Linguistic Programming was founded by Richard Bandler and John Grinder in California in 1975
What is Neuro-Linguistic Programming
Below we will cover some more about Neuro-Linguistic Programming. But first, let’s talk about what Neuro-Linguistic programming involves: Neuro-Linguistic programming encompasses many different concepts and ways of thinking about how the mind works, including hypnosis as well as Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) itself. Neuro-Linguistic Programming is a way to transform your mind so that you can reach your goals in life. It has been used by many people as a form of personal & professional development and achievement.
Neuro-Linguistic Programming teaches us about how the human mind works, both on conscious and unconscious levels. It provides model patterns that we can use to better understand our own minds as well as those of other people.
How Neuro-Linguistic Programming can help you
NLP is a model and set of communication tools that can be used to help you become more successful in your life. Neuro-Linguistic Programming is all about changing the way you think, change how you feel and then act on those new feelings. Neuro-Linguistic Programming allows us to understand ourselves better and learn how to control our emotions – which are really just physical states. Neuro-Linguistic Programming gives us tools for managing our own thoughts as well as learning how other people think by understanding what they say and do.
3 practical ways to use NLP in your life
Neuro-Linguistic Programming can be used anywhere at any time – with anyone for any reason.
Here are three former students of the Pro-Noctis Academy and how they apply NLP in their personal & professional lives.
Paula – Founder of the Conquer Food Programme
The Conquer Food Programme is an eating plan that will eliminate cravings for Sugary, Salty, Starchy and Fried foods. Neuro-Linguistic Programming is used by Paula to help her clients to change their relationship with food so that they can achieve their weight loss goals. It allows people to make changes in a way that is sustainable – lasting changes without deprivation or suffering. Paula uses a range of techniques that help shift the mindset from the belief of ‘I can’t resist a sweet biscuit’ to ‘I choose not to have a sweet biscuit’. Plus much more.
Craig – Ultrarunner & Adventurer
Craig Williams has completed some of the toughest foot races on the planet in some of the harshest environments including the Sahara Desert, Amazon Jungle and Arctic Circle. Craig uses NLP to help him to manage the mental strain and fatigue that are part of his sport as well as helping him to overcome the obstacles he faces in training and competition. Neuro-Linguistic Programming works for Craig because it is a logical approach that helps him get into a state where he can achieve beyond what other people think is possible. It has helped Craig remain positive, believe in himself and find ways to get around any challenges he encounters.
James – Businessman & Entrepreneur
Neuro-linguistic programming helps James with his business by allowing him to communicate different ideas to clients in an effective way. Certain patterns and linguistic strategies taught James how best to deliver information so that staff and customers will understand it clearly. Neuro-Linguistic Programming also helps James to manage his own emotions and responses so that he is always in the right frame of mind for business. It allows the business owner to be more confident, assertive and clear about what he wants from others whilst being honest with himself about his needs and feelings when negotiating or working with others.
Misconceptions about NLP and how they are false
Although NLP is powerful there are some misconceptions that are worth exploring here.
Neuro-Linguistic Programming is not:
- A cult
- NLP is not a new science
- NLP does not require an expensive degree to learn
- You can use NLP in any profession, including medical and legal fields
- People who claim that the only way to be successful is by studying hard are wrong – you can succeed with or without hard work
- There are people out there who have studied for years but still don’t know how to do anything useful with their education
Top 10 benefits of using NLP for personal development & success
It’s obvious that NLP has a range of applications, but we picked out the 10 most popular benefits based on survey results from our former students.
- NLP can help you communicate more effectively
- It can improve your self-esteem and confidence
- You’ll be able to make better decisions
- You’ll feel less stressed and overwhelmed
- Your relationships will improve as a result of using NLP techniques such as active listening, being present in the moment, taking responsibility for your own actions, and apologizing when necessary
- You’ll have improved social skills that will allow you to build new friendships easier than before
- With these new friends, you won’t have to worry about feeling lonely or isolated anymore because they know what it’s like to go through difficult times with someone else who is experiencing them too
- Great for public speaking and gaining trust from others so they can open up to you
- Allows you to express yourself without fear of judgment or criticism from others
- You make smarter decisions about what’s important in life because of clarity on values and priorities from a new perspective that is broader than before – the “big picture” view of things instead of just looking at one moment in time like we usually do when making decisions based on our emotions alone (which can be unreliable)
Most of us want to be more effective, but we don’t know where to start. We’ve tried reading self-help books and listening to motivational speakers, but nothing really stuck.
The good news is that there’s a scientific way you can improve your effectiveness called Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP). It’s based on psychology research and it works!
You can learn NLP with an introductory course from Pro-Noctis. Our modules will show you how this powerful system was developed by some of the most respected psychologists in the world.